Approximately 40% of all bicycle-related deaths are due to head injuries; ¾ of all bicycle-related head injuries occur among children ages 14 and under; and many children are simply unable to protect their heads while bike riding because they don’t have access to quality, affordable safety helmets.
The volunteer service clubs of Pilot International already focus on brain health and safety awareness through the signature BrainMinders™ curriculum. The new safety helmet project expands this effort by making quality safety helmets, in a variety of colors and sizes, available at a bulk discount price to Pilot Clubs across the U.S. In addition, Pilot International will offer a Helmet Matching Grant to its clubs, to facilitate the placement of free helmets with as many youth as possible.
Pilot International is a community-based volunteer service organization founded in 1921 in Macon, GA on the principles of “Friendship and Service.” The name “Pilot” was inspired by the mighty riverboat pilots of that day who represented leadership and guidance. Pilots Clubs are found across the U.S., the Bahamas, Japan, Liberia and South Africa. Pilots carry out their mission to “Do More, Care More and Be More” by providing financial and hands-on support for national and local initiatives in keeping with its causes of youth development & leadership; brain safety & fitness; and caring for families in times of need. In addition, there are over 7,000 school-level Anchor Club members worldwide, through which Pilot encourages and provides opportunities for youth development and leadership. Pilot International remains headquartered in Macon, where its staff serves its international constituency.
Order Form & Rack Cards
- Pilot International Helmet Order Form (Fillable Adobe PDF) - Revised 1/7/21
- 2021 Rack Card Order Form - editable - Revised 3/17/21
Order Helmet Stickers
- Helmet Sticker Order Form-editable (Fillable Adobe PDF) - Revised 3/17/21
- Download the Helmet Sticker Promotional Flyer (Adobe PDF)
- Helmet Matching Grant Application (Adobe PDF) - Revised 07/15/21
- Helmet Matching Grant Application (Microsoft Word) - Revised 07/15/21
Cash prizes for creativity! Submissions due January 1, 2022.
- Anchor Helmet Fitting Video Contest Flyer (Adobe PDF)