Pilot International, a leading community service nonprofit organization with a membership of approximately 12,000, is seeking an energetic Director of Youth Development to be responsible for Anchor and Compass Clubs in schools, universities, and communities. S/he will work closely with the Pilot International Headquarters staff, the Executive Director, the Executive Committee, and volunteer coordinators. The Director of Youth Development serves as the face of Anchor and Compass International at various events, conferences, partnership interfacing, etc. The successful candidate will be organized, adept with communicating via digital and print media, member service oriented, and creative in his/her approach to strengthening growth within Pilot International’s youth division.
Location: This is an onsite position located at Pilot International Headquarters Macon, Georgia
Reports to: Executive Director
Requirements: A bachelor's degree
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Senior management: at least 1-3 years
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package available
If interested email a resume and three references to: email@example.com
Youth Development Job Announcement (Adobe PDF)
• Develops and implements strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas to increase Anchor and Compass membership and benefits to members.
• Works with departments, districts, staff, volunteers, club advisors, and partners in program processes, development, and communication.
• Leverages technology, marketing, and communications platforms to further increase Anchor and Compass membership and deliver membership benefits.
• Works to establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability.
• Handles day-to-day program administration and operations for Anchor and Compass. Assists districts and clubs with operational and administrative needs. Maintains and updates all Anchor and Compass documents, i.e., Manuals, Forms, Awards Applications, Leadership Grants, Annual Invoices, Spreadsheets, etc. Works with Director of Accounting and Director of Club Services regarding financial obligations of Anchor and Compass Clubs (collection of dues.)
• Coordinates strategic goals/ objectives with Pilot International Anchor and Compass Coordinators on a regular basis.
• Provides recommendations on Anchor and Compass programming and policy to the Executive Committee and Executive Director.
• Provides chartering information and tools to assist local leaders, districts, school administrators, Pilot Clubs, and Club Advisors in chartering new Anchor and Compass Clubs.
• Works with Anchor and Compass partners in creating and implementing member-benefit driven programming and increased brand recognition.
• Develops program materials and communications for Anchor and Compass members.
• Plans, implements, and directs the annual Anchor Leadership Summit.
• Serves as a resource for Pilot Clubs and other sponsors interested in establishing and operating Anchor and Compass Clubs.
• Works with Director Club Services and Director of Communications to produce Anchor and Compass publications.
• Provides information/reminders of upcoming events and deadlines to the Director of Communications.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Committee and Executive Director.
Pilot International prohibits discrimination, violence, or threats of violence against or intimidation, bullying, or harassment of any prospective member, volunteer, or employee because of race, religion, creed, color, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.