Pilot International, a leading community service nonprofit organization with a membership of over 12,000, is seeking a dynamic and proven leader to move the organization toward achieving its strategic goal of increasing community service and impact through membership and revenue growth. The Executive Director (ED) will provide the leadership of the organization according to the strategic direction established by the Executive Committee. The successful candidate will have at least three years of experience in a senior management position with knowledge of administrative and leadership principles as they relate to non-profits.
Revenues: $1.2 million
Reporting to the Executive Committee, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Pilot International’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The Executive Director will initially develop deep knowledge of Pilot International including core programs, operations, and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
- Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations, programs, and events.
- Ensure the financial stability for the organization.
- Ensure that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
- Advise and make recommendations to the Executive Committee with respect to programs, finances, marketing, and policies.
- Serve as ex-officio of the Executive Committee, International Administrative Council, and Budget Committee; attend all meetings of these committees.
- Maintain accurate records of all meetings of the Executive Committee and International Administrative Council.
- Retain a highly qualified staff by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the nonprofit field.
- Maintain all files, official records, and historical documents.
- Ensure that adequate equipment, technological support, furnishings, buildings, and grounds are maintained for the effective operation of Headquarters.
- Maintain relationships with associations, various levels of government, public service organizations, the local community, vendors, and others as necessary to further the best interests of Pilot International.
- Oversee Communications, Programs/Events, Club Services, Pilot International Founders Fund, Bookkeeping and Anchor/Compass programs.
- Ensure that the fiduciary responsibilities of the organization are maintained
- Ensure PI President and Treasurer receive monthly financial statements.
- Authorize and execute such contracts, agreements, and commitments as authorized by the Executive Committee or established through policies, bylaws, or government regulations; co-sign with the PI President.
- Execute other duties as may be delegated by the Pilot International President.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand revenue generating activities through grant writing and other fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously building the endowment.
- Expand and cultivate current donors.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Establish a process to complement our strategic plan for Pilot International’s expansion into new markets.
- Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with funders and community leaders.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Pilot International’s vision and mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience. Other qualifications include:
- BS degree, ideally MBA, with at least 3 years of senior management experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Nonprofit financial skills
- Fundraising and grant writing skills
- Technology skills with proficiency in membership and donor software
- Marketing and public relations experience
- Collaboration and negotiation skills
- Proven success of working jointly with board of directors/executive committee.
- Prior experience working with volunteers.
- Must report to work daily to Pilot International Headquarters in Macon, Georgia.
- Must not work for any other entity as an employee or vendor while under contract with Pilot International.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Senior management: at least 3 years
Work Location: Macon, Georgia
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package available
Application Information: Complete a detailed resume and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org