FAQ: Pilot Membership
1. What is Pilot International?
Founded in 1921, Pilot International is a volunteer service organization offering its members vast opportunities to make a positive difference in their communities and globally as they build lasting friendships within their clubs. Pilot Club volunteers conduct programs, projects and fundraisers that include many areas of charitable service at the local level. In addition, Pilot Clubs support the overall service focus of Pilot International: brain safety, brain research, and assistance to those with brain-related disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, chemical dependency, traumatic brain injuries, brain cancer, autism and numerous other developmental, emotional and mental disabilities.
2. How many Pilots clubs and in which countries?
|Number of Pilot Clubs*|
|*As of October 31, 2011|
3. How many members in Pilot International?
Total: 9,031* in established clubs, 105 members-at-large, 3 associate members, 294 provisional members and approximatley 9,000 youth members in middle and high school.
*As of October 31, 2011
4. How many established districts in Pilot International?
There are 20 districts in Pilot International.
5. Are Pilot dues tax deductible as a charitable contribution?
Pilot International is a 501 c(4) organization; therefore, dues cannot be used as a tax deduction.
6. Is there a Pilot Club near me?
7. Why isn’t my club showing up when I do a search by city name in the Pilot Directory?
To receive the most comprehensive list of clubs in an area, please search by state rather than city.